Benefits of Membership for Individuals
Whether you are an individual with a disability, a self-advocate, a parent or family member of someone with a disability, a volunteer or staff member of The Arc or another organization, membership in The Arc provides a sense of purpose and belonging. As a member of The Arc, you will have access to indispensable information and resources and the opportunity toBe Part of the Progress™for people with disabilities and their families.
Don't wait, join The Arc today and...
Get involved with a chapter near you.
Your membership opens the door to many benefits and services at the local level: (Note: membership at the national level includes one local membership.)
- Information and referral services personalized to address your needs in your local community;
- Public policy advocacy for systems change at the state and local level;
- Individual advocacy to address education, employment, health care and other concerns; and
- Self-advocacy initiatives.
Most of our local chapters also provide direct support and services and may be able to assist you with:
- Residential support;
- Family support;
- Employment programs;
- Early intervention services; and
Leisure and recreational programs.
We offer the support and services you need.
Stay up-to-date about important organization news, current disability policy issues and valuable online resources. We’ll keep you up-to-date and linked into a variety of resources through a variety of resources:
- Empower: Real People, Real Progress, a quarterly newsletter focused on The Arc’s advocacy initiatives, what’s happening within our movement, disability resources, and more.
- The Arc’s E-newsletter, a bi-monthly e-publication spotlighting public policy victories for the disability community, activities of The Arc and more.
- Capitol Insider, a weekly roundup of major events from Capitol Hill on the status of federal disability legislation with potentially significant state and local impact.
- Action Alerts, real-time emails letting you know when immediate and mass public action is citical to ensuring the civil rights and necessary supports and services for people with disabilities and their families.
- The Arc’s Online Community, a forum to share and receive valuable information on a variety of topics, including discussion boards. This dynamic online sharing space is updated constantly with new resources and information.
- Position Statements, written by members from chapters across the country and reviewed by experts in each of these 30 issues provides an understanding of some of the major areas of concerns to the quality of life for individuals and families affected by individual and developmental disabilities.
Sign up now to receive the information relevant to you from one or more of these publications and join our Online Community.
Participate in events both national and local
We'll connect you with families, self-advocates and staff of The Arc, as well as experts on programs that increase community participation and disability policy with far-reaching impact. Join us at:
- The Arc’s 2014 National Convention September 30 - October 2, 2014 New Orleans, Louisiana
Plus, access a portfolio of services and programs developed with you in mind. We are leveraging our status as one of the top ten largest nonprofits in the nation to develop partnerships that meet your needs, while also supporting The Arc's mission:
- Marsh Affinity Group Services, offering quality protection plans from health coverage to affordable life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance.
- Liberty Mutual, providing a group insurance program that comes with special savings and benefits on auto, home and renters insurance.
- US Bank, offering members The Arc Select Rewards Visa® Card. You can earn rewards for yourself and support The Arc with every purchase.
- Parlerai, creating an online communication tool that allows family, friends and caregivers of children with disabilities to share information within a personalized and highly secure network.
- ABILITY Magazine, giving a free, one-year subscription to their digital magazine.
Join or renew your membership with The Arc today.